Pre-Masters Offer - Country Membership From Only £60 Per Month
Do you live at least 40 miles from Close House? If so, you can take advantage of our exclusive Country Membership prices. You’ll have all the same benefits as an individual member, including:
• Unlimited golf on both Lee Westwood courses •
• Member’s guest green fees •
• Exclusive member competitions •
• Discounted rates for accommodation •
• 10% additional credit for your member’s account card •
There’s also the option of being able to host your very own golf day for up to 12 people with complementary accommodation. Enquire here for more information
Close House Country Membership is available to those who reside full-time at least 40 miles from the club. The golf facilities at Close House are open to golfers of all ages and abilities from beginners to seasoned professionals.
Take a trip to the PGA Golf Academy and Driving Range with designated tuition bays, custom-fit suite, 20 practice bays, a specialist short game area and café. It’s is the ideal place to perfect your game before playing the Lee Westwood Colt or Lee Westwood Filly courses.
Country Membership at Close House confers full member status.
- Unlimited golf on both the Lee Westwood Championship Colt and Lee Westwood Filly courses
- Country member’s guests will receive a discount on green fees
- Host your very own golf day for up to 12 people, using your 6 nights’ complimentary stay to accommodate everyone in your party for a memorable golf and relaxation experience
- Exclusive competitions for members
- Unlimited number of stays at the member’s discounted rate
- Members receive 10% additional credit for any credit they add to their member’s account card
- Members individual golf day
The Close House Experience
Set in the beautiful and serene Tyne Valley, nestled between the banks of the River Tyne and the ancient remains of Hadrian’s Wall, the 250-year-old Close House estate grounds have been lovingly teased into two of the best courses in the country. The Lee Westwood Colt Course gained entry to the UK Top 100 Golf Courses almost as soon as it opened.
With two 18-hole Lee Westwood Championship Colt and Filly courses and the 9 hole Yearling course, Close House provides one of the most varied golfing challenges anywhere. This European Tour venue is designed to appeal to players at every level of skill and reward first-time visitors and the year-round member evenly. The PGA Academy provides the opportunity to polish and develop your golfing ability using the latest technology to analyse your game.
In addition, our modern, purpose-built No.19 clubhouse is a stunning setting for your post-round drink. Providing first-class dining, the restaurant caters for all occasions and we also provide a private dining service for those events you would like to host yourselves. With the luxurious accommodation we have in our sumptuous Courtyard rooms, membership at Close House provides everything you will need.
If golf is your game, Close House is a dream come true.
Enjoy Your Very Own Golf Day
There are many benefits of being a Country Member at Close House, one of which is being able to host your very own golf day for up to 12 people, using your 6 nights’ complimentary stay to accommodate everyone in your party for a memorable golf and relaxation experience.
An example itinerary of how your day could look:
- Arrive at Close House and enjoy a superb breakfast in No.19 (included)
- Warm up at the PGA Academy
- Play 18 holes on the beautiful Lee Westwood Filly course for 12 people
- Dine in style in the restaurant at No.19 (not included)
- Overnight stay in the magnificent Courtyard (x 6 suites)
- Start day two with a round of the Yearling par 3 course
- To No.19 for a relaxing late breakfast (included)
- Meet the challenge of the 18 hole Lee Westwood Championship Colt course
Lee Westwood Championship Colt Course
Opened in 2011, the Lee Westwood Championship Colt course (named after English Golf architect Harry Colt) is set in almost 200 acres of beautiful Northumberland countryside close to Newcastle upon Tyne. This European Tour venue was voted one of the top 100 courses in the UK just one year after opening, and is today the only course in North East England to hold that accolade.
It would be fair to say that this course has been deliberately designed so that it will not give up its secrets easily. Indeed, the first time a player will be at a disadvantage to the most seasoned practitioner by perhaps several shots. So The Lee Westwood Colt shall reward you for your powers of observation and willingness to return. Whatever the season, the rugged beauty of the Tyne Valley never fails to take the breath away.
Lee Westwood Filly Course
The 18-hole Lee Westwood Filly course is situated in the grounds of the Close House Estate, providing stunning views of the River Tyne Valley. Matching the presentation of the Lee Westwood Colt course, the Parkland layout was re-designed and re-opened in 2013, and provides a lovely alternative to the Championship layout of its sister course.
It now has 18 USGA specification greens, is 6000yds in length and a par 70 from the medal tees. The undulating greens provide a real test for your putting skills, but accuracy off the tee is paramount for good scoring. Having already held PGA professional events the course has proved enjoyable but challenging to golfers of all abilities.
PGA Golf Academy at Close House
The Close House Academy and Driving Range are open to golfers of all ages and abilities from beginners to more advanced. Working with the team of professionals, visitors can take a trip to the Academy and Driving Range, offering designated tuition bays, custom fit suite, practice bays, a specialist short game area and café where you can relax in the comfortable surroundings before or after your practice session.
In addition, our new 9-hole Yearling course is an excellent opportunity to sharpen your short game, or even as a warm-up for a full 18. Coupled with the Pitch and Putt course, these are excellent practice areas designed to improve your ability. The Academy and Driving Range is the perfect place to perfect your game before you play the beautifully presented Lee Westwood Colt or Lee Westwood Filly courses. The Close House Golf Academy offers you the opportunity to focus on key aspects of your game through custom design designed lessons in specialist video teacher bays. Our team can also help you with a series of lessons designed around your individual requirements.
- PGA Qualified Professional Staff
- Floodlights to allow you to practice for even longer
- Designated long-game and short-game practice areas
- On-course learning by the Close House Team of Golf professionals
- Technical analysis aided by video capture through GASP system software
- High-performance custom fitting with use of Flightscope radar system
- SAM Puttlab analysis system for ultimate putting stroke feedback
- Titleist Performance Institute physical profiling to aid golf development
- Demonstration equipment available from the world’s leading club manufacturers
- Custom fitting available for Ping, Titleist, Nike, Callaway, Taylormade and Mizuno.
NO.19 Clubhouse and Restaurant
The food on offer at Close House is among the best you will and anywhere, not just the best at a golf club. We take as much care with our canapés at a simple drinks reception as we do with the food for a formal dinner – and we think our steak sandwich could be the nicest in the land.
Bespoke menus can be created, we can cater for barbecues or simply try the Close House Classic Sandwich – all featuring the very best local, seasonal produce. Our brigade of skilled chefs buy meat and game from Northumberland and fish from the Tyne and the North East coast to create stunning seasonal menus.
This bounty can be matched with wines from a sensational list created exclusively for Close House. We also offer some of the world’s greatest champagnes and serve the very best beers and spirits.